Friday, July 22, 2011

Back to the City

Saturday night we headed back to Phnom Penh. Lucky for us they had a movie playing to let the time pass.
Oh wait where the heck is the TV!
Elder Meas picked us up from the bus station and took us to a guest house pretty close. I trained Elder Meas when I was in the country for a little less than 6 months. We had our differences at first and had different ways of handling situations. He has all sisters and I have all brothers..so you can imagine. But we got along really well and are really good friends now. He was super nice and let us borrow his moto for Sunday and Monday.

President asked us to model for the new plan for missionary work. Who wouldn't talk to missionaries lookin like that?
On Sunday we went to two branchs. Branch twelve where Kory served, and branch 4 where we served as companions. It was soo good to see some of the members we baptized. Danaet was there with her family. The only word that can describe this girl is angelic. She is the most christlike person I have ever met and now spends her day off from work helping the missionaries. I had no doubt she would be there.


We also met Sokahn or Mr. kahn as we refer to him. He learned super fast and was baptized within a month. He is now preparing to serve a mission!

We met President and Sister Smedely for sunday dinner which was like a taste of home. Roast and Potatoes. It was really good to talk with them and fill them in on what was going on in our lives after the mission.
We ended up sleeping at a members home. We slept on these thin mattresses with no fan. I slept ok but Kory hardly got any sleep. When I woke up he turned to me and said "I am never doing that again". I agreed. 5 dollar guest houses are a small price to pay for a good night sleep. 
Monday was time for a little bit of shopping. I went back to the tailor and tried on my suits.
Kory caught me off guard but the suit looks good
In all, I spent $280. I got, 2 suits,15 shirts, and 6 slacks. pretty dang good deal!
We hit up a couple other markets for some random stuff and visited some members.

At night we wanted to take Elder Meas to Pizza Company as a thanks for helping us out. We had made plans and then kory got a call from the members who we had borrowed the phone from. It was this girl in branch 12 who kinda have a crush on Kory. We had to give her back her phone and then she asked if she could come eat with us so we said that was fine. We got to pizza company and were about to order when she called again and asked if we would wait for her sister for another hour. We said that we couldn't because first of all we organized this for Elder Meas and they were welcome to come or not come, and we wanted to get to sleep early because we had an early bus to catch. Needless to say they came pretty quickly. And there were three of them.
The dinner had a lot of funny conversations. Two of the girls ordering more food, wanting fried chicken, calling us wierd cuz we were at a pizza place eating pizza (yeah this one still confuses me). We convinced them that  Elder Meas was from Phillipines and didn't speak any khmae, only english. The funniest of all was while two of the girls tried to give kory a guilt trip, the one in the middle kept grabbing more pieces of pizza and chowing down while making a couple comments still chewing on her food. She kinda looked like a chipmunk. We all lost it a couple times but me more than most. I was just a spectator the whole time, and was never disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment